Parents always want the best for their children. They provide everything that they need. When they reach school age, they are secured that the school will not take them for granted. That even if they do not have their eyes on them all day, their kids are still well-taken cared of because they are at school.

This is why everyone was shocked when one Indiana mother spoke out regarding the shock and outrage that she felt because of what the school did to her child.

Any Wittaker was taken aback when her son sent a photo to her during lunch. This was a snap of the sandwich that was given to him at school after he forgot his lunch money. That was really kind of them, but what shocked her is that the sandwich was moldy!

So Amy took to social media her outrage. She shared the photo in a post on her Facebook account and explained what happened that day. According to her post, her son forgot his lunch money that day. When her son told one of the school staff that he didn’t have his lunch money, they gave him a peanut butter sandwich instead.

As soon as he took the sandwich to his table, he noticed that it was covered in mold!

What made her angry is that the mold was huge enough to notice and it was impossible that the worker did not see it before handing it over to Amy’s son. Amy was just glad that her son noticed it right away. That he was old enough to determine if the food is bad or good. It was obvious that the sandwich was a couple of days old.

Amy continued to explain that her son found the molds on both the inside and outside of the sandwich. When her son informed the staff about this, he was given a replacement meal but the boy was too afraid to eat it. On her post, Amy wrote, “I have no idea how someone could not see this was bad when handing it out.”

In response to this enraged moms’ complaint, the Avon Community School Corporation released a statement regarding the issue. It reads: “We are grateful to be made aware of the situation and have reached out to the parents and apologized. This is an unacceptable human error and we are looking into it to ensure that this never happens again.”

After the incident, nobody really knew what happened next. But everyone is hoping that at the school’s lunch service improved.

Sure, you are not going to die from molds in your bread as long as you have a healthy immune system. But food poisoning is not a fun experience, especially with kids. In fact, it can possibly put your child’s life in danger. Extreme nausea and vomiting can possibly happen. There are also others who have an allergic reaction to molds that may develop into respiratory problems.

Things like this can happen. ‘Human error,’ as what the school calls it, can happen. This is why as parents, you have to understand that in order to avoid this situation, to always remind their children about the things that they have to bring to school every single day. Double-check their bags to ensure that they are good to go.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *