VAN BUREN, MICHIGAN: A dangerous suspect who is accused of torturing and sexually assaulting his ex-girlfriend was tracked down by the US Marshals. However, by the time they found him, the accused was already shot 7 times but police are not sure who pulled the trigger on him. Dekenta Parchman, 30, was wanted for the hours-long assault on his ex inside her own home. According to CrimeOnline, police said that Parchman repeatedly beat her and sexually assaulted her with a hair straightener that was on in her home in Michigan in July this year.

The Sun reported that Parchman was in an intoxicated state while he committed the crime and tortured his victim after turning up at her home in Van Buren township. “This was a very significant assault. The crime scene photos speak to the significance of this assault,” said attorney Sona Movsisyan with the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office. The 30-year-old reportedly started punching the victim’s face and also smashed more than one ashtray over her head and violated her with the hot hair straightener before beating her with an extension cord and blows to her head.

The helpless victim endured the pain for almost three hours before she was finally able to escape to a neighbor and call the police. Parchman had reportedly stolen her car and left by the time they arrived. About a week later, after a manhunt, the Marshals tracked him to Taylor where he was found in a car with 7 untreated gunshot wounds. Police said they came from some kind of shootout in Inkster. Parchman actually brought up this information when he was in court on charges on Tuesday, August 9.

“I got shot 7 times. I got bullet fragments in me. I need surgery. My leg is broken, they shot out my knee,” he said. According to Fox2Detroit, Parchman is no stranger to criminal charges as he has served time for unlawful imprisonment, drugs, and home invasion. The victim spent several days in the hospital and is still recovering. Parchman’s bond was set at $250,000, not 10%.

MEAWW previously reported the death of a 10-year-old boy named Ethan Anewishki from the western part of the same state, who had been shot by his mother. The incident took place at around 6.40 am on July 25. Deputies found his mother, Melissa Anewishki, 38, dead at the scene in what was described as a murder-suicide case. One of her family’s friends said that she had been struggling with depression and anxiety.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.